People have been getting married for an awfully long time!
This makes it really tricky to come up with original bridal shower ideas that commemorate the importance of the occasion and reflect the personality of the excited bride-to-be. Whether you’re organising your own shower, or taking on those important bridesmaid duties, let’s have a look at some bridal shower gift ideas that will have everyone talking!
Gift ideas for the bride to be
Bridal showers are all about getting friends together for a girls’ night out, spa day or fancy meal. You can help the bride remember her pre-wedding party with a small, personalised gift that suits your event.
- Scented candles are a great option, you can personalise the label!
- Imagine a delicate floral tea cup with a custom engraved silver spoon plus a bag of green tea
- How do custom engraved marble wood coasters sound?
- What about a cheese board or chopping block personalised with the bride and grooms name!
- Or for a gift with an extra natural twist, try our magic beans. Plants that grow with words on them! They make the perfect congratulations gift. Personalise them with a unique message just perfect for the bride (we can do this for you) and you'll give her a gift that slowly reveals itself as she prepares for her wedding.
Anything that offers a calming influence as wedding nerves take hold will be appreciated leading up to the big day!
’Tis the season
If you’re struggling to create a theme for your bridal shower, without doubling up on the concepts you’re using for the actual wedding, consider a seasonal focus.
Basing your party on the season of the year, like Christmas or autumn, makes an event super memorable. And any themed gifts or decorations can be stored for use over many years to come, becoming an ongoing part of the bride’s anniversary celebrations.
Share your happiness with those less fortunate
If you are someone who prefers to give than receive, try organising your bridal shower around a charitable cause.
Let’s face it, you have plenty of partying and presents ahead. Why not share a little happiness with those who are doing it tough? Consider asking guests to make a donation to a charity in lieu of a gift – and do the same yourself instead of spending up on decorations.
Or make your shower a fundraising high tea, with a small fee contributed to charity. This is the perfect way to ‘pay it forward’ before you enjoy your big day - or to commemorate a cause that’s close to the family’s heart.
There really are no rules when it comes to personalised bridal shower gift ideas. Just be sure whatever you choose reflects the joy of a happy couple’s future life together.