Bomboniere can be costly, however if you have the time and a little spark of creativity, you could create something totally unique that is bound to have everyone talking about your special day for a long time to come.
Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Poems: Buy small photo frames, and place a small verse thanking the person for being part of your day.
- Miniature Pots: Buy little pot plants for the girls, you can actually buy the pots and pot them either with seedlings, a magic bean or a plant to suit your colour theme.
- Chocolates: Make little dilly bags tied with a ribbon with a small thank you note and a couple of little heart shaped chocolates inside.
- Pampering: Get some tulle and make up a little square with an opening at one end, fill with bath crystals and secure with a ribbon.
- Chocolate spoons: Buy silver teaspoons, dip them in chocolate and set. When set, wrap in cellophane and tie with ribbon. Create a little tag with your name and wedding date and slip onto the ribbon. These can be used to stir coffee during dessert or kept as a memento.
- Candles: Get a pillar candle about 10cm round and as tall as you like, then get an old biro (without the ink!) and write the persons name into the candle. Then you can stick glitter in their name to personalise.
- More chocolates: Buy or make little gold boxes, spray with gold glitter, place tulle and chocolate inside and tie up with a gold bow.
- Photos: Give each guest a disc or personalise a USB and include as many photos as you can find of them with you.
- Video: Record a special message to each guest or couple individually, and any thank them for any special input they may have made. These can also be followed up a few images of them at your wedding.
- Frame: Buy small double photo frames and put in a photo of you and the guest, not only is this something different, but also a gorgeous keepsake for your guests.
And... we've saved the best for last.
The best bomboniere idea of all (if we do say so ourselves) is of course a lovely little bag of personalised magic beans! If all the other wedding favour ideas you've come up with just don't seem unique enough, then maybe this could be the one for you.
Not only can you personalise the beans with your names, wedding date, little heart symbols, or any message that you like - but they will slowly sprout over the next 7 days - revealing the message on the side of the plant. Unique, natural and guaranteed to be memorable for years to come.