Whilst saying “thanks” has a nice ring to it, words don’t always carry the strength that actions do. If you’re in the customer service business—and every business is in some degree, how do you show your appreciation to customers? More import an fly, how do you make your “thanks” fun and memorable?
Here are some interesting ways to thank your customers. Which ones are your favourite? You’ll notice some common threads amongst each suggestion. That’s simply because every method really should not only be relevant and personalised but noticeable and sincere.
7 customer appreciation thank you ideas
- Write a note: A hand-written note is a rare way of showing gratitude however it really works. Of course this option may not be feasible based on the number of clients you have however imagine the impact it will have. The extra time is worth it! You’ll make your customer’s day—everyone loves receiving real mail!
- Loyalty program: Invite your loyal customers to join a special rewards program for VIPs. You don’t need to go overboard. It may simply be a coupon discount valid on their birthday or a special promotion offered to them only at select times of the year. People loved to be made to feel special.
- A surprise upgrade: Does your business run on membership? Thank a selection of customers with a free, spontaneous upgrade.
- Host an event: Throw a party or seasonal event for your special customers. It may be in-store or at a casual location such as a park however the aim is to have fun and you’ll learn a lot more about each other.
- Free goodies: You can randomly select days during the year to offer customers a range of freebies when they enter your store. It may be to allow them to sample a new product or try before they buy. And if you only sell online, why not throw a few little surprises into their postbag!
- Discount their invoice: Have you ever sent a note to a customer advising them that you’ve just reduced their invoice as a way of showing appreciation for their loyal and continued service. You could even take an extra 10% off your customer’s purchase at the point of sale, just to say thanks for their business.
- Branded gifts: Personalised corporate gifts used to be cringe-worthy throwaways however these days there are such a huge variety of amazing products that customers will be very excited to receive them. Look at our magic beans for example, they certainly are a wow factor!
Showing your customers how much they mean to you does not need to be an expensive exercise however it does need to occur. Find a unique product or concept and be genuine about it and your clients will be very thankful.
How do you show your customers you appreciate them?